Most of my good words come to me when I am talking to Julie Calnan online. Kind of like when you take a shower and all these genius thoughts come to you and revelations about what the answers are... is that just me? Anyway, while chatting with Julie this evening, I came up with a pretty decent analogy for the way "productivity" is in India.
me: everything here is just met with such a level of difficulty... and i don't mean that it's impossible, but it really takes endurance and persistence to get stuff done. it's like pushing a car to the gas station, except when you get there, the station has no gas, so you all sit around waiting for the gas guys to show up at the station, and it turns out that the gas truck got stuck on the highway 'cause there's a cow in the middle of the road. that's what india is like... figuratively and literally.
Needless to say, it is a trying experience, but one that we are enjoying nonetheless. Because it's such a land of extremes, I find it safe to say that if you can accomplish anything in India, you can accomplish anything.
Anyhowsers, Aaron and I are very anxious for the Mumbai Xpress. We're going on a month of being here in Chennai and of the 4 days off we've had this month, the furthest we've gone is to the beach (which was surprisingly not as crowded as we thought it would be... dirty, yes, but not so much loaded with people). We live and work in the same building, so it's easy for us to get cagey. The Mumbai Xpress will be fantastic, and I'm especially looking forward to the "free" day in Goa where we'll actually get to relax on the beach, with clean air, and I just might...just maybe...perhaps by the grace of Goa... be able to wear an article of clothing that doesn't cover my shoulders and my mid-drift. That's right, I'm talking about getting in the Indian Ocean in a bikini, baby! Aww yeah! (But first, I need to buy one... I didn't actually bring my swim attire, having first thought that it would be a no-no). We'll obviously have to work during the event, but we'll be traveling, and that's fantastic. I will be busy updating the press, the pages, the participants, and perhaps other things that start with "P" that I can't think of right now. Aaron, as the Country Head, is going to have his hand in all the pots, making sure the hotels are set, the roads are open, the rickshaws are in good shape, the staff is doing their work, and all that "boss" jazz. Aravind will be busy going to the next destination, then coming back to meet us, then going to the next destination again, which means he's essentially going to drive the distance twice. We've decided that all of that tedious driving is going to make Aravind a little edgy, so I'm bringing my tequila that I got for my birthday. :)
The point is, we're excited to go see India beyond Chennai and to meet some new people from around the globe. Killer boots, man!
Oh, so the company has a new website, which is www.cemsglobal.com and I, being the spazoid that I am, get to keep the blog updated! Chances are, because it's my job and everything, that I'll be posting more to that blog than this one, but that doesn't mean I don't love you! Check out the page, check out the blog... it's personal and not too sales-y and... it's from the heart. *sniff sniff...wipe tear*
I think Aaron and I are going to watch "Gladiator" now, because after all, "what we do in life echoes in eternity." And also, "on my signal, unleash Hell."
WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU AND THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING OUR BLOG!
Oh! One more thing. We're now fully equipped with Skype and headsets, so find us, friend us, call us, and we'll all be merry. Skype IDs are: aaronkot and chelsea.kot. Send us an e-mail if you have troubles.
Okay, bye! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment