Hello, friends and family!
Well, we've made it to Newark safe and sound. The flight was easy... only a couple of delays leaving and stuck in a holding pattern upon arrival, but otherwise, smooth sailin'...or flyin', as it were. Anyway, because I am awesome and got myself a Continental OnePass MasterCard, I was sent two complimentary passes to the Continental Presidents Club (oooh!) and there was no better time to redeem those passes than here in Newark as we wait 6 hours for our next flight to Dublin. Let me tell you, having never been in a Presidents Club, I'm quite impressed. Great food, fast internet, nice seating areas, lockers for luggage- sure beats sitting at a gate watching CNN! I'm not sure if being in the Presidents Club is the best way to really start my trip to the land of minimalism, but I am certain that it is the best way to end my time (for now) in the land of capitalism. So, I'll take my complimentary alcoholic beverage (yet to be ordered) and I'll make a toast: To America, to India, to home, to new adventures and new journeys, to broadening horizons and living life to the fullest, to returning back to this land with an open heart and an open mind, to you and to me! Cheers!
We promised mom and dad (on both sides) that we would fill up this page with "Blogcasts" (using our new, trusty handheld video camera)! We've already done one from DIA and we are going to record our Newark one sometime soon. Aaron is working on uploading that video and I promise I will do my best to keep this blog posted with all sorts of awesome stuff!
I'm excited for this adventure moreso than I've ever been. Like I thought it would, the flights have allowed and will continue to allow me to clear my mind and find some solid moments of clear perspective. I miss home dearly and I am certain that homesickness will fal upon me many times in India, but like everyone has said, we cannot pass up this genuine opportunity. I don't feel like going to India is a decision I've made for myself. I feel like this is a decision life has made for me. Without any religious implication whatsoever ('cause you know me!), I have faith that everything is going to work out exactly as it should. The only thing I can really compare this feeling to is when Forrest Gump says, "I don't know if we have a destiny or if we're all just floatin' around like on a breeze... but I think, I think maybe it's both."
Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement. Thank you for helping us be able to leave (sorry the house is so messy, mom... and Allen, damn we have a lot of crap! Thanks for your help!). Thank you for planning to visit us. You have no idea how much that will mean to Aaron and me. Thank you for giving us wings and teaching us to fly, mom and dad. Thank you for reading this. We miss you so very much and love you more than anything.
As will always be, more to follow.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment